Menai Mussels with Nduja and White Wine Sauce
This fantastic recipe was provided by Tomos Parry via Port to Plate.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds,
- lightly crushed 50g nduja
- 150ml white wine
- 1kg mussels, cleaned
- 1/2 a small bunch coriander, chopped
- 30g parsley, roughly chopped
- Toasted sourdough to serve
- Pour the olive oil in a pan and cook the fennel for 10 minutes until caramelised and soft.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute before adding the fennel seeds and nduja, crushing up with the back of a spoon.
- Pour in the white wine, add the mussels and stir really well. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes, shaking the pan until all of the mussels have opened (discard any that stay closed).
- Stir really well, add the parsley, and coriander and stir again, then serve with the sourdough