Panfried Seabass with Sizzled Ginger, Chilli and Spring Onions
For a delectable and healthy meal, try out this Panfried Sea Bass with Sizzled Ginger, Chilli & Spring Onions recipe. You can get fresh seabass fillets from our online store.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 sea bass fillets (about 140g/5oz each), skin on and scaled
- About 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Large knob of ginger, peeled and shredded into matchsticks
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 fresh red chillies, deseeded and thinly shredded
- Bunch of spring onions, shredded long-ways
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Season the sea bass fillets with salt and pepper, then slash the skin 3 times.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan and add 1 tbsp sunflower oil.
- Once hot, fry the sea bass fillets, skin-side down, for 5 minutes or until the skin is very crisp and golden. The fish will be almost cooked through.
- Turn the fillets over and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer the cooked fillets to a serving plate and keep them warm. You will need to fry the fillets in 2 batches.
- Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil in the pan, then add the peeled and matchstick-cut ginger, thinly sliced garlic cloves, and shredded red chillies. Fry for about 2 minutes until they turn golden.
- Remove the pan from heat and toss in the shredded spring onions. Splash the cooked fish with 1 tbsp soy sauce and spoon over the contents of the pan.